Thursday, March 26, 2009

Eat, Pray, Love on Ted.com

Prior to my departing for Ubud, Bali and Italy, Elizabeth Gilbert's book, Eat Pray Love, found a resting spot in my hands. Timing - perfect. One's voice in writing contains the possibility to tip the readers courage over fear and inspiration over skepticism.

Ted.com
, the world's most expansive coverage of creative thinkers, invited Gilbert to speak on her creative processes and the freakish success of Eat Pray Love. Elizabeth's raw, humorous, and intriguing explanation of the human creative process swelled me with overwhelming comfort. She gets it. From her wise tone of voice to her spot-on insights, she received a standing ovation from the 'Ted-sters.' Once in a while a speaker proves so captivating, everything else seizes to exist.

Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind my friend! Express to me what you want more of!