Monday, December 22, 2008

My Best Friend, My Lily


They say silence is a virtue. While I bow down to yummy solitude and golden silence more than most, I've been slapped in the face recently. After traveling solo for a year throughout the world, I've found hidden reserves of love and respect inside myself. The unbreakable strength, tear inducing laughter, and binding love of a friend I met years ago slapping around sloppy tennis balls on the college courts has impacted my life so dramatically and beautifully birds don't fly this high. Our words swim around us when we speak and my love of solidarity is momentarily paused. Together we spin heads traveling through Mexican villages, Turkish bizzares, ancient monasteries, pubs of plenty, and butterfly gardens. Light loves us, we beam it up Scotty. I love her dearly and respect her truly...after all, she sends me homemade vegan chocolate chip cookies in the mail when I'm far away. Friendship. Lily, my Lily, filled my life with the friendship people can only dream of.
Thank you my Lulu and may all your wishes be granted always and forever.
Love, Em

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind my friend! Express to me what you want more of!